Thursday, April 19, 2012

Peanut Curry Stir Fry :)

Hey Everyone!

I really wanted to share one of my favorite soup recipes first since I've been feeling a little under the weather, but it's just so nice out I can't eat anymore gloomy soup! So in honor of the beautiful spring day, I made Peanut Curry Stir Fry. It's super easy and you can mix it up however you like, but these are the veggies I used. Feel free to use whatever you have on hand or whatever is fresh and in season at the store. I also used tofu for my protein, but I made one with chicken for the little bro and it's delicious with shrimp!

1/2 Zucchini
2 carrots
2 stalks celery
1/2 head cabbage
1/2 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 inch peeled and grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 block extra firm tofu
4 tbsp peanut butter
1 can light coconut milk
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Start off by grilling your tofu. I cut mine into 4 equal strip and cooked it on a hot grill pan for about 2 minutes on each side. Then, in a large pan, heat the 2 tbsp oil over medium high heat. Add all your veggies and cook for about 4 minutes so the ginger is fragrant but the veggies are still crisp. Next add the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, and spices. Stir the mixture to dissolve the peanut butter. Cook over low heat until the liquid thickens up a bit. Cut the tofu into smaller pieces and add this to the pan. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve over brown rice or udon noodles like I did. Enjoy!! :)

*Sorry for my crappy cell phone pick. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment