Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Easy Peasy Vegan Peach Cobbler

I am having a grumpy day. Probably because I haven't really slept all weekend and I am exhausted, but I'm very easily agitated today. I decided to fix my mood with a nice long run, some yoga, and a little sweet treat. I had some peaches in the fridge and the rest of my dessert supplies were pretty slim, so peach cobbler it is. I wanted to avoid gorging myself on eight pounds of cobbler while watching Lifetime movies, so I made a single serve cobbler in a coffee mug. Perfection.

Vegan Peach Cobbler
2 cups sliced peaches (1 1/2 - 2 peaches)
1 tsp whole wheat flour
1 tsp + 1 tsp vegan sugar
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp vegan butter (or coconut oil)
2 tbsp rolled oats
1 tsp slivered almonds
pinch of cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Heat 1/2 tsp of the butter in a small pan. Add the peaches, the flour, and 1 tsp of the sugar and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat until a syrupy glaze forms. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Place the peaches in a coffee mug, and top with the oatmeal mixture. Bake for 8 minutes or until the top is brown and crispy. Top with some yummy coconut milk ice cream (I'm obsessed with SoDelicious vanilla no sugar added coconut ice cream).
Sorry it's blurry, I couldn't contain myself long enough to take a picture. 



Enjoy your cobbler on the couch with a lifetime movie. Preferably one including a delicious Spanish man (Ay Dios mio, I'm in love). My run and my cobbler helped cheer me up (although I think it was mostly due to Javier Bardem).

1 comment: