Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"Cream" of Asparagus Soup

I gave up on my juice cleanse. I wasn't hungry, I didn't even want food, but I was at work for so long that there was no way I had enough time to go home and make juice four or five times a day. I wish I could have stayed on it, but it did put me back on track to my healthy eating.

A few weeks ago when I made asparagus for a dinner party, I saved the trimmed ends and froze them and saved them to make some yummy cream of asparagus soup!! A healthy, dairy-free version of course. :)

Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup
Trimmed ends of two bunches of asparagus
1 quart vegetable stock
3 cups almond milk
1/2 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1/2 potato, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp vegan butter (or oil)
3 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 tsp black pepepr
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Sautee the onion and garlic in the oil. Transfer that to a large soup pot. In the pan that you sauteed the onion in, cook the butter and flour together for about 2 minutes. Add to the soup pot. Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Puree the soup until it's creamy (I used an immersion blender).


Yummy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment