Monday, September 24, 2012

My Favorite Hippie Places in Vegas!

I have officially embraced my hippieness. I am a full-fledged, kombucha-drinking, vegetarian, hot yoga, Jason Mraz- loving hippie. Las Vegas is not a typical hippie epicenter, however, it is diverse enough to supply a couple of awesome places that I loooooove. Here are my absolute favorite hippie places in a very non-hippie city. 

My favorite place in the city is my kitchen, but to be there, I have to make a couple other stops first.

For grocery shopping, I love Sunflower Market and Trader Joe's. They have healthy products that are really affordable. I love Sunflower Market for the variety of bulk foods. They also have a lot of exotic flavors. I like Trader Joe's because of their selection of organic products. Plus they have a lot of healthy prepared and frozen foods for easy meals. Every once in awhile I want a really obscure product or some kind of organic vegetable that's hard to find, I'll go to my favorite place in the world, Whole Foods. I love it. It's expensive, otherwise I would shop there all the time. I love the food bar too ($5.99 on Wednesdays!!!!). Plus they sell desserts from one of my favorite restaurants, which leads me to...

The Red Velvet Cafe!!! Everything they have, they can make in a vegan version, but it's not their lunch that I love. It's their cookies!! All of their desserts (including the cookies sent from heaven) are vegan and less than 200 calories. The chocolate chip heaven cookies are fluffy little balls of buttery amazingness and are only 27 calories! 27 calories!!!!! Really!! I don't know how they do it. I'm baffled. I've tried recreating them at home, and I can't. Their too perfect. Their cakes are amazing too. All whole wheat and delicious. 

My new favorite vegan restaurant is Pura Vida. Chef Mayra makes amazing Cuban/Caribbean fusion vegan food that is to die for. I've eaten there twice and both times were spectacular. The appetizers, meals, desserts and drinks are soooo tasty. So happy to be introduced to this place!!!

Firefly is my very favorite restaurant in the world. They don't have a lot of vegan options, but they have sangria, and really, what else do you need??

And the most inappropriately named restaurant in Vegas (Ok, that's not true)... Pho Kim Long. 24 hour pho is the best thing ever. Everyone always tells me I have the most colorful pho they've ever seen. A lot of places don't have vegan pho, but they do and it's amazing. Plus, they have really good pad thai. 

After all that eating, some calories will need to be burned. This is where Vegas Hot! comes in. I've become so obsessed with hot yoga, I can't even tell you. I feel so energized and refreshed after. Plus I'm super flexible now. ;) (Sorry Mom) Plus they have a little vegan cafe downstairs with fresh coconuts and yummy smoothies!

Also if you're a regular reader (then I love you), you know how much I love running, so I love this running trail right by my house that leads to a park by Mountain's Edge. I like hiking so I can run up this little hill and go for a little hike that overlooks the city. When I have a little more time, I love to go to Mount Charleston and Red Rock. It's perfect weather for Mount Charleston right now. It's a lovely Wednesday tradition. :)

World Market is where I go to explore and find exotic little trinkets and all kinds of stuff. They have everything you can possibly imagine. They have cute little dishes and jewelry plus wine and all kinds of foreign food items. So fun to just peruse the aisles and hang out. 

Ok, this one's a little stereotypical so roll your eyes now. Herbally Grounded is a really cool specialty store that I go to when I can't find what I need anywhere else. They have this whole wall of random teas in giant canisters. They have every health food item you could possibly imagine. It's awesome!!!

My last favorite place is Dead Poet Bookstore. It's an adorable little used bookstore with books overflowing over every shelf from floor to ceiling just waiting to be read. There aren't really a lot of bookstores left here, which is why I love this one so much. There are little hidden treasures around each corner and table. I love reading, and I love discovering little random books. 

So those are the places you can find me when I'm not at work or asleep or doing something productive. I hope I don't have any stalkers that read this... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment