Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies OMG.

There is nothing I love more about fall than pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I wait all year for them to start appearing in the grocery store. Every once in awhile you can catch them during the summer but the cinnamony-pumpkiny-chocolatey goodness is just not the same when it's hot out. So this week, in honor of the most perfect weather to ever hit Las Vegas, I decided to veganize them. I mayyyy have gone a little overboard because I made 6 dozen cookies. 6 dozen. 84 cookies. Good thing I've been working out a lot. What am I going to do with all these cookies?! Anyway, they are delicious and cakey and fluffy and exactly what I was craving. Here's my recipe for heavenly fall cookies. :)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 cups brown rice syrup
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!!!)
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used safflower oil)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup vegan butter, melted (you can substitute the coconut oil and the vegan butter for more oil, but I like the flavor of this combo)
1 bag vegan chocolate chips (Ghiradelli chocolate chips are vegan!!)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the syrup, oil and butter in a really big bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. The batter will be very wet. Scoop out about a tablespoon of dough per cookie onto cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes until cooked through. (P.S. Vegan cookie dough means you can safely eat it raw. You're welcome.)

Seriously, try not to eat them. 

Enjoy with a (soy) pumpkin spice latte, or my favorite, a soy chai. Yummm. Happy October everyone!!

1 comment: