Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Resolutions

Ok, so I know I'm a week late, but I wanted to share with you my New Year's resolutions. Basically, my word of the year is organization. I started by organizing my desk at work, then my kitchen, then my purse, then my closet. Next is the car and garage. Also I'm never letting my laundry get so bad again. Every time I do laundry it takes like 8 loads to get everything done.

But this year, I'm going to make sure that I am prepared and organized so I can have a healthier and less stressful life. I'm not leaving any shoes in my car anymore (definitely a terrible habit). I think if I can be prepared and have things ready to go, that I will be able to do the things I want (and need) to do. I started by cooking and freezing a ton of healthy food (see my previous post!) that just needs a quick trip to the oven to have a healthy meal ready.

I also started packing a gym bag every night that I can take with me when I leave the house and be ready to go to the gym once I'm done at the office. This has actually been working pretty well. This way, I have no excuses to not work out everyday. Plus I keep the class schedules for my yoga studio on my phone all the time so I can see when the next class is.

My next task is to try and create a better morning routine so that my day starts off orderly and not in a frantic rush like it usually does. Hitting the snooze on my alarm over and over again is my worst habit. I HATE mornings. I got a ton of fruit and quick breakfast options this week, so healthy breakfast is quick. I should really figure out how to set the timer on the coffee pot. That would be awesome. Waking up to coffee might pull me out of bed.

It's always easier to maintain healthy habits rather than start from scratch, so I'm trying to get my house clean, my life organized, and my body healthy. This way, it's all about maintenance, rather than huge daunting projects (like the laundry).

I just hope that I can keep this going for more than a week or two. What is it, 23 days for something to become a habit? I can do it for 23 days, right? What are your healthy resolutions this year, and how are you keeping them? Do you guys have any advice for keeping resolutions? Let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment